Understanding Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities
Understanding Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities is a 28-minute video offering medical and vocational insights on aspects associated with psychiatric disabilities in the workplace. Understanding has been recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Resource Center to Promote Acceptance, Dignity and Social Inclusion Associated with Mental Health as an effective national anti-discrimination/anti-stigma campaign.
- Real-life work scenarios focusing on the medical and vocational aspects associated with psychiatric disabilities in the workplace.
- Scenarios of specific disabilities:
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Vocational insight on accommodations based on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Experts who guide you through understanding these disabilities in the video include: Jo Ellen Brainin-Rodriguez, M.D., Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, UCSF; Aaron Cohen, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist; and H. Joan Ehrlich, former District Director, EEOC
- Companion workbook
Price: DVD $164.95, plus shipping and handling. All items shipped by USPS or private carrier at ground rate. Sales tax for California residents will apply. For multi-unit and/or other discounts, and/or international shipping, call Education Program at 415-931-3070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discount for purchasing this and Accommodating Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities in the Workplace: $209.95.