PWDF provides guest speaking, workshops and free public seminars, examples of which include:
- Disabled students in elementary and secondary schools, coping skills and sensitivity training;
- Accommodating Students with Psychiatric Disabilities in Colleges and Universities;
- Health Care Issues for People with Mental and/or Developmental Disabilities (focus: Emergency Room Triage Issues);
- Multiculturalism and Psychiatric Disabilities
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Work Incentive Programs
Training Video and Audio Materials:
- Social Security Work Incentive Programs. Available in 1 hour CD.
- Accommodating Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities in the Workplace. Also in 30 minute training video.
- Housing Issues for People with Psychiatric and Developmental Disabilities. Available in 1 hour CD.
- “Understanding Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities.” This training video focuses on medical and vocational aspects associated with invisible disabilities in the workplace, functional limitations and ways to provide reasonable accommodations, if necessary.
PWDF Seminar: Abuse Against People with Mental and/or Developmental Disabilities Part 2: Prisons, Jails, and Law Enforcement (November 10, 2014)
Seminar Handouts and News Articles: (uploads and links in progress)
PWDF Seminar: Abuse Against People with Mental and/or Developmental Disabilities: Physical, Sexual, and Verbal Abuse in Institutional and Community Settings (August 18, 2014)
Seminar Handouts and Resources: What is Child Abuse? Disability Rights CA Laws and Regulations Regarding Behavioral Restraint & Seclusion DOJ Crime Against Persons with Disabilities, 2009-2012 Statistical Tables Abuse and Neglect of Adults with Developmental Disabilities DRC Reporting Abuse of an Elder or Adult with Disability Kripke PWDF Forum on Abuse UCSF Office of Developmental Primary Care
PWDF Seminar: Overcoming Barriers to Physical Health Care Access — People with Mental Disabilities Have Shorter Life Spans (September 30, 2013)
MCLE Evaluation Form: Please return completed form to:
People With Disabilities Foundation
Public Awareness and Education Program
507 Polk Street, Suite 430
San Francisco, CA 94102
PWDF is a continuing education provider:
- PWDF is a State Bar of California MCLE Provider.
- PWDF is a Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) Continuing Education provider.