PWDF provides guest speaking, workshops and free public seminars, examples of which include:
- Disabled students in elementary and secondary schools, coping skills and sensitivity training;
- Accommodating Students with Psychiatric Disabilities in Colleges and Universities;
- Health Care Issues for People with Mental and/or Developmental Disabilities (focus: Emergency Room Triage Issues);
- Multiculturalism and Psychiatric Disabilities
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Work Incentive Programs
Training Video and Audio Materials:
- Social Security Work Incentive Programs. Available in 1 hour CD.
- Accommodating Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities in the Workplace. Also in 30 minute training video.
- Housing Issues for People with Psychiatric and Developmental Disabilities. Available in 1 hour CD.
- “Understanding Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities.” This training video focuses on medical and vocational aspects associated with invisible disabilities in the workplace, functional limitations and ways to provide reasonable accommodations, if necessary.
PWDF is a continuing education provider:
- PWDF is a State Bar of California MCLE Provider.
- PWDF is a Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) Continuing Education provider.